Pages

Monday, November 4, 2013

Busy week, busy life.

I am bummed that I have not been able to post in a week, but holy smokes it has been so busy! Halloween was crazy at the bakery. We did a rough count, and I know I cut and iced nearly 800 sugar cookies in 3 days! Not to mention the cakes and other things we did. I also helped this little lady put her costume together, and I could not have been more pleased with the way it turned out. I used the wig tutorial from the girls over at A Beautiful Mess, and it worked great! The dress is one of my shirts with a long sleeved shirt underneath, the tights are from WalMart, she already had the apron, and the shoes are just her every day shoes. I added the ribbon to her shoes, and I used pinking shears to cut a wide strip of gingham for the bow at her neck. So easy, and it just might be is definitely my favorite costume ever. I just can't get enough of it.



Thursday night the mister and I handed out candy at the bakery for the Downtown Trick or Treat event, followed by Chinese for dinner and squeezing in as much time together as possible before I headed to AR Friday morning. I made probably the best time ever on my way down, and had time to have a cookie with my favorite baby [who isn't really a baby anymore] before heading out for a senior portrait session. Phew! It was a jam packed day, and I will be sharing more about the senior session [and the adventure that was] in a later post. Overall it was a fun time with gorgeous twin ladies, and I am so thankful for the opportunity to capture such a fun and special time in their lives.

Unfortunately, I was so busy that I didn't get to share my post for Simple Things Sunday. I hope I am not breaking a rule by sharing late.

http://www.simpleasthatblog.com/2013/11/simple-things-sunday-photo-link-party.html


As for today...after waking early, making the six hour drive back home, doing several loads of laundry and sorting through lots of images for editing...it is time to call it quits. 

xoxo,
Katie

4 comments:

  1. You are amazing! Love the costume!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We really got pretty lucky, and a lot of it fell right into place. I love it though. Wish I had a reason to be a rag doll!

      Delete
  2. So cute! We may have to add costume creations to your resume!

    ReplyDelete