Pages

Friday, September 27, 2013

My [super awesome] guy

My guy is great.

He is great on any given day just being sweet, helpful, totally silly, and all the things I love. But in this season of our lives I have found an entirely new appreciation for him. He works hard at his job 40 hours a week, but on top of that he is going to school three days a week in order to better provide for us in the future. He pretty much never complains even though I know he has to be feeling the pressure. If he ever gets a day off from work, he is home doing homework. He usually does the grocery shopping, and all I can do is try to keep him supplied with cupcakes and cookies from the bakery and make sure he has clean socks. I know part his the drive comes from knowing that when he is finished he will finally be doing what he loves. I also know a lot of it is because it is what is right and honorable, and he is just a stand-up guy. Sometimes I feel like whining when I come home from work, and I know he won't be home until midnight. But then I have to remember that he has been at school since 8 a.m. and then straight to work until 11:30 p.m. I only hope that he knows how much I appreciate him and all his sacrifices. 

On top of all that, he does adorable stuff like this. One day this past week I casually mentioned that I might like to make some caramel apples. That's it. I didn't make a big deal about it. I came home from work Thursday to find this [which he bought while out doing the grocery shopping on his day off because he knows I hate doing it].



I love that guy.

xoxo, 
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment